Wed., Dec 12th (You gotta be kidding!)
How does the time get away so fast?? Holy cow...it will soon be time to fly home for Christmas. I don't think I have ever felt less like Christmastime than down here in Lala land. Pop finally drug out the Ducky today and is putting the finishing touches on it outside now. thinkgs like gps mount, rod holders, etc, etc. We stopped and went into Playa at noon...Doc had to get his burger fix! We then went into Chedrui, another big grocery store. We always find something we obviously need. 5 more rigs came in today from Ontario. they took up the few spaces in front of our place and I don't kn0w where the others went. One guy had had 2 broken springs, a flat tire and I don't know what all coming down.
They are having the crab races on the 21st...the day we fly home! Doc said he would race my crab when I catch him. Did I mention that they have huge iguanas here..especially in the rocks by the beach and the boatlaunch area. It is rull of rocks and there must be 2 dozen of them living there. The Christmas dance is on the 16th, I think. should be fun. There is a tropical storm supposed to be blowing in this weekend starting Friday. Just windy and rainy again. It was over Hispaniola this morning. Everybody watches the weather down here. Colin, the "Walmart Greeter", as Doc calls him, said that several years ago everybody that was mobile pulled out and went into Vallolidad (inland about 50 miles) but that was a hurricane. Everyone tries to avoid the water swell when the seas push the water up and over. Lots of the palapas here had the waters just flow right over their floors and out the back door during the last hurricane. Very little damage. Will post a few pics...am still awed at how beautiful this place is.
No comments:
Post a Comment