Monday, March 31, 2008

April Showers



We are still at home in Texas waiting for Pop to finish his prescribed weeks of treatments to get rid of any lingering prostate cancer cells. He never complains and is doing well in spite of a sore bottom. He is determined to get on with it and kill that disease once and for all. Only about 3 weeks left to go. Yea. He is heavy into researching a new motorhome for '09 and deciding to put our beautiful Dutch Star on the market. I have mixed feelings. I have loved that motorhome and it is still beautiful, I think. but he wants that bigger engine and I want tile floors...so the only thing we can consider is to trade up and get the new Dutch Air. What a beautiful coach that is! We have the new brochures and he has spent hours researching and reading links and talking to our salesman at Lee's RV in Okla. City. They should begin to hit the showrooms the last of April.

It has rained and rained here. The trees and flowers are beautiful around town and in our own back yard. We are marking time until we can leave the last week of May for the Florida Keys and our summer home in Summerland Key. The children are all excited and have their dates on our calendar. We are taking the boat out of storage next month and getting it seaworthy again. We didn't get a chance to use it last summer as we were gone until September. Meanwhile Pop is at the business every day! He never slows down. Keeps him out of mischief, I guess. Will be glad when we can be on the road again. I miss it!

No comments: