Thursday, July 30, 2009

July wonder Daze



July was filled with great fun as all of our young families came in to visit bringing grandchildren! The weather was hot but not so hot as Texas and there was always a seabreeze. We spent days down at the beach at Yanten, swimming here at our hotel pool, snorkeling with the turtles at Akumal and culminating with a trip with Sue and kids to Isla Holbox to swim with the whale sharks. It was a wonderful summer for us. The worst thing is packing up the palapa and going back home. this has become home for us and I really don't want to leave! An I nuts for feeling this way? We have found a little bit of Eden in this place and I don't want to go back to the real world. I would rather stay in this one. We are beginning to talk about building a permanent apartment under the palapa like a few of the folks here have done. At first, I didn't like the idea but it does have merit when you really think about it. Time will tell..maybe next year. Right now, I wish my health were a little better.

No comments: